Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mama, WOW!

I'm a big girl now!!

I have some exciting news to report.... I grew up! It happened in about 24 hours. It was quite exciting.

On Friday August 12th, I received a phone call from the HR department at Bell and they offered me a full time engineering position with the company after I graduate. I cannot begin to explain how ecstatic I am about this opportunity. I have wanted to work at Bell since my sophomore year and now it is actually happening. God is so good!! He has taken all the worry and stress of job hunting away and now I can enjoy my last semester of college while looking forward to the future. I also have to mention what an amazing company Bell Helicopter is. I have loved both of the internships I have had there and I know I am going to love working there full time. YAY!!!!

So, second piece of exciting news. On Saturday August 13th, I bought a new car! EEK! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful 2011 Dodge Charger. I promise this wasn't a spur of the moment "I have a job now" purchase. My parents and I had been looking into getting a car all summer and had already gone on some test drives when the job news came. I like to think the timing of the job offer was God's way of reassuring me that I didn't need to drive myself crazy worrying about whether or not it was smart to make such a big purchase. Anyways, back to the car. It was quite a process! But I think I handled myself pretty well. I test drove 6 cars, did a ton of research before I settled on the charger, and was able to get a sweet deal. The charger was exactly what I was looking for too! It is the perfect combination of muscle car meets functional sedan. It looks amazing and drives like a sports car while still having four doors and plenty of room in the backseat for passengers. Perfect!! I will stop doting now and show you some pictures. Her name is Eleanore. :)


Proud new owner!! :)

And I will conclude with some words form my father. He said to me when we got home from purchasing the car "You know, if someone where to ask me to go car shopping with them, I would probably tell them I would rather go to the dentist... or the proctologist. But, I would go with you again. I am proud of you, Steph." <<< Isn't he the sweetest! :)


Whoop for a car! and WHOOP for a new job!! I hope yall are having a wonderful week! God Bless you!!!

P.S. I feel I I must apologize for my extended absence from the blogging world. The past month has been pretty crazy and I have just been riding the waves. :)

1 comment: